Tuesday ‒ Thursday: 10 a.m. ‒ 8 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. ‒ 10 p.m.
Saturday‒ Sunday: 10 a.m. ‒ 6 p.m.
On Mondays the Gallery is closed for visitors
The last admission is 30 minutes before closing time
Non-working days in 2021:
1st of January
7th of January
1st of May
2nd of May
3rd of May
*During National Holidays on the 15th of February and the 11th of November, the Gallery is open for the public.
Tickets are available at the Gallery’s Museum Shop
The ticket is valid for a single entrance to the Gallery including access to the Permanent and Temporary Exhibitions
Regular rate – 200 dinars (⁓1,7 eur)
Reduced rate – 100 dinars (students and visitors aged 60+)
Single admission and guided tour – 1 000 dinars
Group tickets – 100 dinars per person
– 100 dinars per person with guided tour for school groups
– 200 dinars per person with guided tour in Serbian
– 300 dinars per person with guided tour in English
Family ticket (up to 4 persons) – 300 dinars
Creative workshop for children on Saturdays – 150 dinars
- On Fridays for all individual visits
- On Tuesdays for parents with babies
- For children under 18
- For personal assistants accompanying people with disabilities
- For Members of the Friends Club
- For Members of the ICOM (with a valid membership card)
- For Members of the Museum Society of Serbia (with a valid membership card)
- For Members of the Association of fine Artists of Serbia (ULUS) and Association of fine Artists, Applied Artists and Designers of Serbia (ULUPUDS) (with a valid membership card)
- For Journalists (with a valid accreditation card)
For information on tickets sale contact +381 21 4899 013 or GMSprodavnica@galerijamaticesrpske.rs
The Gallery of Matica srpska is located in the center of Novi Sad on Trg galerija (the Gallery Square).
From the Main square – Trg Slobode, you can reach us by 6-7 minutes’ walk. Look on the Google map https://bit.ly/2KuCBV7
You can reach the Gallery from the Novi Sad Intercity Bus Station and Railway Station by:
- A city bus, Line 4, from the Intercity Bus Station to bus-stop in Žarka Zrenjanina street – The building of the Executive Council
- By foot. Take a look at the Google map https://bit.ly/2xVgC75
- By taxi. Take a look at https://zovitaxi.com/novi_sad_e.html
From any destination in the city, you can reach the Gallery by:
- City Bus:
Lines 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12: bus-stop Bulevar Mihajla Pupina – Underpass
Lines 1, 4, 8, 9, 12, 69, 70: bus-stop Žarka Zrenjanina – City Council or bus-stop Žarka Zrenjanina street – the Executive Council
Lines 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 12, 14, 15: bus-stops Uspenska – Šafarikova
- By Car
Search Google https://bit.ly/2S6AJpT
There is a parking lot in front of the Gallery with red and blue parking zones. Find out more about the parking.
- By bicycle:
Take o look at the Google map https://bit.ly/3eP7scQ
City rent-a-bike service is available on www.nsbike.rs
There is a free parking space with video surveillance in front of the Gallery.
Works of art “living” under the roof of the Gallery of Matica srpska allow everyone to get to know different historical periods and feel the spirit of the past. To enjoy the pleasant atmosphere during your visit and experience art in the best possible way, please read the following information and our guidelines:
- Free WiFi gmsguest is available in the Gallery.
- The entrance hall of the Gallery is equipped with wardrobes and lockers (maximum dimensions: 65 × 34 × 26 cm) where you can store your bags, backpacks, umbrellas, etc. ,while your coats and jackets can be left in the wardrobe.
- Please do not touch art objects, frames, pedestals and protective gear.
- Please, do not bring food and drinks into the Gallery.
- Please do not use cellphones or talk loudly while touring the Gallery so that everyone can enjoy art without interference.
- Making photos and records is allowed without using a flashlight.
The Gallery of Matica srpska strives to make its building, collection, programs and services available to all visitors.
Visitors with mobility difficulties can use the following facilities:
- Parking in front of the entrance to the Gallery
- External elevator to enter the building
- Access ramp in the entrance hall of the Gallery
- Internal elevator to visit the Permanent Exhibition on the 1st and 2nd floor
- Toilet on the 2nd floor
For visitors with impaired hearing:
- a sign language application is available at the Gallery’s info desk in the GMS Shop.
Through videos and textual material, visitors can learn more about the history of Serbian art of the 18th, 19th and 20th century and discover stories about 15 works of art from the collection of GMS.
*Personal assistants accompanying persons with disabilities have free admission to the Gallery.
- A work of art is best observed from a distance of 80 cm.
- We enjoy works of art by looking at them, not touching them, so future generations can enjoy them as much as we did.
- Museum visitors like to enjoy works of art undisturbed, so we will do our best not to distract others with our behavior.
- In the exhibition halls, we feed our mind and soul, and in the garden of the Gallery, we can refresh ourselves with a drink and a bite to eat.
- If we need a break, we will not rest by leaning against the wall; instead, we will use one of the comfortable armchairs located within the exhibition space.
- If we especially like a particular work of art, we can take a picture of it, but without the use of flash.
- Bags, backpacks and umbrellas are often in the way of us to fully enjoy the Gallery. We can leave them in the lockers in the entrance hall, and jackets and coats in the wardrobe.
- All our questions we will direct to the curator, who will be happy to answer them for us.